Monday, February 14, 2011

A Fine Shiner

I got a Valentine's shiner.  Seriously.

From my front wheel popping off my bicycle in the rain.  Oddly enough, I'm one of 5 gals (one of which is my own mom) who have had black eyes thus far in 2011.  Snowy falls, fridge doors, narcolepsy on linoleum...not a single cat fight among us. 

Every morning I wake up curious to see what's happened while I slept.  It morphs each day. Today the hues make me think of a meteor shower or some other wildly-hued planetary landscape far in space.  It also makes me think of this toy I had growing up that I thought was my own magical little universe - those wonderful little squares of plexiglass backed with white vinyl you can press on and move around some kind of multi-colored goo. 

I need one immediately. 

I may be about to embark on a mad ebay hour.



























Our bodies are cool when they heal.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness angela!!! so gnarly!!! how is it feeling today?!
    2011 has been crazy it sounds!
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jen! i.o.u. a cool email! eye is totally healed and well to kick off march...it's cool to be able to wear mascara again!

    2011 intense but filled with wildly good things against the drastic. :)

    ReplyDelete